These are just observations I have made while working for small businesses. They may not apply to all cases but this is what I’ve seen.
- It is quit cheap to motivate staff without increasing their pay.
- Responsible workers should be given more responsibility
- The biggest missed opportunity is when employers don’t ask employees for feedback or on “how we can better serve our customers”
- If you have good loyal staff it’s always safer to give them the benefit of the doubt over the customer (depending on the industry)
- Losing customers is still the easiest thing you can do in business. Do some favours for them and they’ll remember it, at least the customer that you want will.