I was searching for an easy pizza dough recipe on youtube the other day. I found so many variations so in order to avoid confusing, I took the best elements from three different recipes and mixed them together. This is what I came up with. I am probably doing some things wrong. I am keen to receive feedback or advice. I was quite happy with the result but it would be ideal to get a more elastic and stretchy dough. Give this recipe a go, the results have been satisfactory so far.
- 3 cups of plain flour
- 1 cup of wholemeal flour
- 1 sachet of dry active yeast 7g
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups of warm water
- Sift both flour into a large bowl. Add yeast and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add cups of warm water and 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir in with a spoon for 2 minutes.
- Add a teaspoon of salt then start mixing dough with your hands inside the bowl for 2 minutes.
- Remove dough from bowl and knead on a table for around 5 minutes.
- Lightly spray a large bowl with olive oil and place dough into the bowl. Move dough around to ensure it is covered by the oil. Seal with cling wrap and a tea towel on top.
- Set aside for 2 hours.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on table.
- Cut the dough into three even pieces.
- Leave one dough on the table to work with and the rest aside into the bowl and covered.
- Knead dough gently for 1 minute.
- Flatten dough and spread out its edges to increase it’s size.
- You can roll the dough using a rolling pin. Start at the center and work outward in all direction.
- Once the dough is light and flat, place onto baking dish or tray.
- Top with ingredients of your choice.
- Place into oven at 210º Celsius for about 9-10 minutes